Monday, July 6, 2009

Recently I found out that Shasta and Pepsi are part Maine Coon Cat. I always suspected that Shasta was because of her size. Pepsi has the personality and M mark on her forehead. When I read up on Maine Coons the article said that they were the dog cats of the felines. My cats bring me presents of socks, bows, and other soft things. I'm glad they don't bring me rodents or birds.

Speaking of Rodents... the cats have a special relationship with our hamster, Charles. Now you thinking..yeah right..they want to eat him. They know that Charles is part of the family. Shasta, especially, loves Charles. She let Charles climb on her back or nestle in her fur. One time Charles got out of his cage (didn't you know that hamsters are Houdini?) I looked all over the house for him and calling his name. Well I found them in my daughter's bedroom doorway. There was Shasta with her front paws out the door way and lying one foot from here was Charles lying the same direction. OMG!! I laughed so hard when I saw them. Of course I had to catch the hamster before he ran away. If I could have photographed them, it would be an award winning photo. Another time I found Charles at the end of Shasta's tail when they were lying by the back door. It's hysterical!! Pepsi likes Charles too but she is a bit more distant, but they both jump up and put their noses to the cage and Charles goes meets them nose to nose. Who knew that Hamsters & cats could be friends. By the way, our other cat was friends with our hamster that we had then too.

No comments:

Post a Comment